India Refineries Host Multitude of Planned Maintenance Turnarounds
IIR Energy is tracking nearly $663 million in active planned refinery maintenance turnarounds in India that range in value from $700,000 to $8 million.
Listed below are some of the recent refinery maintenance events in India.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited restarted the 10,000-barrel-per-day Delayed Coker 1 at its 47,000-barrel-per-day Bongaigaon Refinery on February 10. The unit was shut down for minor maintenance on January 19.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited restarted its 126,000-barrel-per-day Crude Distillation Unit 3 at its 316,000-barrel-per-day Kochi Refinery on February 9. The unit was forced to shut on January 30 following a workers strike.
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) began a 32-day planned turnaround of the 28,440-barrel-per-day Visbreaker Unit at its 242,000-barrel-per-day Manali Refinery on February 3. Expectations are to complete repairs and resume normal operations by March 6.
- HPCL-Mittal Energy Limited has rescheduled the 40-day planned maintenance and debottlenecking hook-up shutdown at its 180,000-barrel-per-day Bathinda Refinery. The turnaround, which was previously scheduled for March 6, is now expected to start on April 28. During the turnaround, refinery capacity will be ramped up from 180,000 barrels per day to 226,000 barrels per day. Major units include the lone crude distillation unit, 44,500-barrel-per-day FCC Unit, 60,000-barrel-per-day VGO hydrotreater unit, 18,800-barrel-per-day naphtha hydrotreater unit, 55,400-barrel-per-day delayed coker unit, 87,770-barrel-per-day diesel hydrotreater unit, 10,000-barrel-per-day reformer unit, 9,600-barrel-per-day isomerization unit, 16,000-barrel-per-day propylene recovery unit and 440,000-barrel-per-day polypropylene unit.
- At its 120,000-barrel-per-day Barauni Refinery, Indian Oil Corporation Limited has rescheduled a 30-day planned turnaround on the 35,000-barrel-per-day Crude Distillation Unit 1, the 35,000-barrel-per-day Crude Distillation Unit 2, the 50,000-barrel-per-day Crude Distillation Unit 3, 55,000-barrel-per-day vacuum distillation unit, 28,000-barrel-per-day resid fluid catalytic cracking unit, 12,000-barrel-per-day Delayed Coker A, 10,000-barrel-per-day Delayed Coker B, 7,000-barrel-per-day reformer unit, 3,200-barrel-per-day isomerization unit, 44,000-barrel-per-day diesel hydrotreater unit, 10,000-barrel-per-day Gasoline Hydrotreater Unit 1 and 4,500-barrel-per-day naphtha hydrotreater unit. The turnaround initially was planned to start February 4, but is now expected to commence July 17. The units are expected to be back online by August 15.
For more information, please visit www.iirenergy.com and subscribe to the IIR blog for more updates.