PTS to Hold Leading Seminar to Improve Total Project Execution
Process Technical Services (PTS) will conduct its acclaimed Process Plant Startup seminar September 24-26 in Houston, Texas. The seminar is focused on improving total project execution; it has been hosted for over 30 years, and is a proven tool for companies to efficiently and successfully manage capital projects of all sizes.
This full-spectrum project-management seminar has helped thousands of capital projects streamline execution, identify and prevent pitfalls, manage expectations, maximize resources, and meet the most demanding budgetary and time targets.
While many companies have established processes for project execution, only a few have similar processes for preparing a plant team for startup. This seminar helps to fill that void, saving capital and startup costs, providing a faster and safer startup, and building a stronger ongoing plant organization. Benchmark studies consistently show that the difference between the average and top 10% of project performance is: 30% less cost growth, five months shorter Engineering and Construction time, two to four months faster Startup time, and 25% more production in the second six months of operations. The difference versus the bottom 10% is obviously even more dramatic. A company can tremendously impact profits by committing to startup excellence, rather than just working to "get the project done"!
PTS is a leading worldwide provider of process plant operations services, including: training, precommissioning, commissioning, startup, operations support, project support services, control system services, cold eyes review, QA/QC inspection, procedure writing, shutdown/turnaround execution and management, experienced personnel staffing to complement your projects, and team, and more.
This seminar will help your team encounter fewer last-minute surprises and changes during projects, and will enable your team to be more confident and in control, rather than reacting.
- Learn detailed techniques and tips, which not only simplify the process of getting projects off the ground, but also getting them completed, and getting the facilities online and on-spec, on-time and under budget.
- Learn detailed information in regards to: best practices during facility design (FEL I, II & III), project kickoff, project planning and execution, project staffing, precommissioning, commissioning, training, plant startup and much more.
- The seminar covers the entire life cycle of a project; no matter what stage of a project you're in, our seminar will provide benefits to help your initiatives. The investment made in properly preparing a team for startup will be returned many times over.
Click here to register for our next seminar now!
Our seminar is open to the public, and hosted three times per year in order to better fit your schedule. PTS also offers a private in-house version of the course, which is held at your facility or main office, etc. The in-house version can be tailored, so that it spends less time in areas that may not apply, and more time in areas of greater need, and/or concern to your organization. A shortened, executive version of the course is also available, also in-house, which is much more high level than the normal course, and typically completes in six to eight hours. To schedule a private in-house seminar, please contact us.
This seminar will help you improve:
- Planning and execution, through better quality design and construction
- Commissioning and Startup plans
- Coordination between groups
- Capital and Startup costs
- Management tools and techniques
- Team understanding of the Startup task
- Team building
- Project time
- Alignment for critical uncertainties, strategies, and priorities
Identifying Project Vulnerabilities/Industry Contacts
Key project and startup leaders will benefit by this seminar by improving an understanding of the tasks ahead, helping identify major project vulnerabilities and developing strategies, as well as identifying staffing and key priorities to address those vulnerabilities.
In addition to effective content, the seminar presents an added opportunity to share experiences and build industry contacts with project personnel from other companies.
Course Instructor and Developer:
Jerry L. McAffee
BA & MS, Chemical Engineering
Course Director & Instructor
Mr. McAfee began presenting seminars after 35 years in chemical manufacturing and project experience. He worked 32 years for DuPont in technology, business, manufacturing and project managerial positions. He participated in eight projects, with responsibilities ranging from shift engineer to Project Manager.
His Project Management assignments included responsibility for the Design, Construction, Startup, and ongoing operation of the world's first HFC-134a ("FREON") replacement commercial facility, a second larger plant using alternative technology, and a "Terathane" plant.
Seminar Fee -- $1,395.00
Location -- Houston, Texas
The seminar fee includes course tuition, seminar materials, continental breakfasts, refreshments, and lunch each day.
- Once registration is completed, you'll be sent a confirmation email.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-paid basis. Early registration is encouraged due to limited seating capacity and demand.
- Information regarding hotel accommodations will be provided at the time of registration. To receive a seminar group room rate, reservations should be made directly with the hotel, identifying yourself as a registrant of the Process Technical Services Process Plant Startup Seminar. Hotel rooms are limited and subject to availability.
Substitutes from the same company may attend in place of a confirmed registrant. A registrant may transfer without penalty to the next scheduled class two weeks prior to the seminar date.
Cancellations made prior to two weeks of the seminar date are subject to a $150 processing fee.
Cancellations made within two weeks of the seminar date are subject to a $300 processing fee.
Those who do not provide prior cancellation notice, will be subject to one-half the seminar fee.
If you have questions about the seminar or would like additional information, please contact Judy Jeffcoat at email@example.com or 409.883.3990.
Click here to register for our next seminar now!